Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Old School Swooping Hawks

   I just finished up a bit of a fun commission. I got a handful of half-painted Swooping Hawks and another half dozen unpainted. The client wanted me to match the paint scheme to the partially painted ones and to finish them up.


   It was a bit of a challenge to match the paints. But that made it one of the more interesting projects I've worked on in a while. I spent a fair amount of time mixing and testing and retesting colors until I got pretty close.


   The only bummer about them is how top heavy they are. They did a lot of falling over, so I had a lot of chipped wings to fix.  I sealed them extra well just to be sure they don't do any chipping in the future.

   It doesn't look like it from the cobwebs on the blog, but I have done a ton of painting lately. Lots of posts coming up over the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...