|Now it's party times!|
I have endless amounts of miniatures laying around and keep getting caught up in trying new games. I blame Hubs partially, since he keeps picking up new game systems. But eventually it ends up that things don't get done very often. To keep things rolling, I thought I should make a list, both for reference and to help keep me honest about what I have going on.
General 2013 Goals:
- Finish converting my Space Wolves!
- Paint at least 50 models unrelated to my Space Wolf army
- Keep posting consistently. I have plenty of things to write about, but I'm not always on point about getting it out there.
- Attend more events than 2012 (I think I can do better than 2)
- Finish gathering the pirate Dwarfs for my WHF army (looking at you, Avatars of War)
Events I'm looking forward to in 2013:
- Running my first tournament! (ok, that's probably cheating, it's in two weeks)
- Games Day! Even if I'm driving from DC to Tennessee by myself, it's happening. I'm going to hit the World of Battle while I'm down there, too.
- NOVA Open. I'm doing 40k there this year, and I'd better start mentally prepping now for 8 games in a weekend.
- Mechanicon/Warstore Weekend. I keep talking about going, but I haven't actually gotten up there for it yet. That changes this year.
I have a lot of unpainted models laying around right now, so this year I am not (NOT) picking up any new gaming systems until I paint up what I have for the games I already play.
- Space Wolves (75+ models)
- Circle Orboros for Hordes (12ish models)
- Helldorado Westerners (10-12 models)
- Rackham Wolfen for Warlord (10-15 models)
- Reaper Giants (about 6, but they're HUGE)
- LOTR Moria army (45ish models)
- House Escher warband for Necromunda (15ish models)
- Reaper's Hrolfgad Loftsaddle, Dwarf Griffon Rider
- Stonehaven Dwarf Adventurers
- Misc cool figures I've collected over the year just to paint
- Daemonette 2013, although she won't be on the table until closer to Nov/Dec
I played much less this year than I did previously (especially in 40k), but I actually painted much more. I also picked up several new games this year, which meant playing fewer games of each. I could use a little more time at the gaming table in 2013.
What (if any) hobby goals do you have for the upcoming year?